“Little Red Riding Hood”.
Finding the Negative Aspects in the story.
Our next challenge is to select an element from Little Red Riding Hood that we find the least appealing. What are the dark elements of the story itself? Review the shadowy aspects of each character? Look at the wolf, the woodsman, Little Red Riding Hood, her mother and her Granny? Choose an element or shadow and base your artwork on that aspect.
Chris and I will post our responses to this challenge on Monday February 18th. In the meantime here is the list of Negative Aspects I’ve come up with so far.
- The forest is a very scary place, filled with dangerous things and animals.
- Beware of Wolves they are vicious wild animals that will kill you.
- Wolves are devious creatures and cannot be trusted.
- Wolves swallow their food whole.
- Wolves prey upon easy targets … the young, the old, the weak and the vulnerable..
- If you are not very careful and do as you’ve been instructed something awful will happen to you.
- Wearing the color red connotes that you are sexy, wild and a free spirit.
- Even an innocent young girl can turn a man into a wild beast who wants to get in bed and make you his prey.
- Women need to be saved from predators.
- Woodsmen kill wolves.
- Some men are wolves.
- When you get old and frail you forget about danger.
Can you think of any more negative aspects to the story? What would your list look like?
Leave us a comment we want to hear from you.